Sunday, August 24, 2008

There are secrets uttered under the...

breadth of the wind and plans are being put in to motion.

I'm sick of feeling like a broken compass with no concrete direction. I long to fix what's broken and decide once and for all what direction I'd like to go in, but, maybe I need to accept that modern conventions are not for me and this path, the up and downs, the left and rights, are mine and need to be embraced once and for all and that's okay.

Or maybe it's the weather that always puts me in a contemplative mood. Walking under the 99 while it's raining will reveal a spot where the water converges and gushes over creating an urban waterfall. It's sort of magical, and I walk under it often hoping that it will wash away questions and provide answers, but it just leaves me wet awaiting the time when i'll be dry. Maybe that's an answer within itself, time. Time.

Fleeting Feelings Aside. An aside if you will. I'm so very much looking forward to my brief reprieve that seeing friends and family will provide once I arrive on the dry arid soil that is and was home. The barren lots that have longed for a Circle K or Walgreens to plant their concrete roots and make a home. The late night walks down the streets of Tempe and the train tracks, the familiar faces in familiar places. I know that I can not go back, but I can visit. Recharge and create a stepping stone for setting my plans into action.

Maybe I should just get a netflix account. Yeah, I think that sounds like a good plan.

3 comments:

Pony said...

netflix could be the answer to everything....

Anonymous said...

the answer is...pizza...

that reminds me...i should netflix "reality bites".

<3

a said...

hey, i have a netflix account. and anytime you'd like to add something to the queue, you are more than welcome. I don't use it often enough!