Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Drinking takes the edge off.
As I excused myself to take the middle seat, the man with the closely cropped military style hair, grumbled and shifted his body to let me pass and went back to reading his book that was adorned with words such as, "liberal media and Navy Seals." Later when he declined his in-air beverage for a "muscle milk" drink that he brought with him, I was unsure of whether to laugh or continue to avoid any sort of contact with him. He was contrasted with the semi-attractive quiet thirty-something-business-type who quickly placed ear plugs into his ears, ensuring they were snug before placing his head on the frame of the plane and closing his eyes. I wondered why he clutched a paper towel in one hand that was near his mouth. I later learned that this was to wipe the drool that would accumulate at the corners of his mouth every so often. Before and after we landed he texted a (presumably) woman, named Jaquelyn. I wonder if she knows that he drools in his sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment